📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 04 December 2023
1) 1991-batch Indian Forest Service Officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre Kanchan Devi has been appointed as the Director General (DG) of the Indian Council of Forestry Research Education (ICFRE).
➨ The Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education is an autonomous organisation or governmental agency under the MoEFCC, Government of India
2) The Indian under-15 girls' doubles pair of Jennifer Varghese and Divyanshi Bhowmick won the country's first-ever silver medal at the World Youth TT Championships.
3) Hollywood actor-producer Michael Douglas was bestowed the Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award at the closing ceremony of IFFI, while ‘Panchayat’ Season 2 clinched the inaugural award for best web series.
4) National Pollution Control Day is observed every year on December 2, to pay homage to those who lost their lives in the Bhopal Gas Tragedy of 1984.
5) Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Dhami released the book in Dehradun titled ‘RESILEINT INDIA’ to highlight the PM Modi’s role in transforming disaster management.
▪️Uttarakhand CM :- Pushkar Singh Dhami
Governor :- Gurmit Singh
➠Asan Conservation Reserve
➠Country's first moss garden
➠Country's first Pollinator Park
➠Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
➠Rajaji Tiger Reserve 🐅
➠Jim Corbett National Park
6) Kannada actor and filmmaker Rishab Shetty bagged the Special Jury Award for his pan-Indian blockbuster Kantara at the 54th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
7) World Computer Literacy Day is observed every year on December 02 to promote technological skills, especially in children and women, and inspire them to learn more and make their work easier by the use of computers.
➨Computer Literacy Day was launched by Indian computer company NIIT to mark its 20th anniversary in 2001.
8) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced that India is set to launch its first X-Ray Polarimeter Satellite (XPoSat), aiming to investigate the polarisation of intense X-Ray sources.
▪️Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) :-
➨Formed :- 15 August 1969
➨Headquarter :- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
➨Chairman :- S Somnath
9) S&P Global Ratings has revised India's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth projection for financial year 2024 (April 2023 - March 2024) to 6.4% from 6% earlier.
➨ It has cited robust domestic momentum to have offsetted headwinds from high food inflation and weak exports.
10) Bulgarian filmmaker Stephan Komandarev won the Silver Peacock for Best Director for his film Blaga’s Lessons at the 54th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
11) The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is observed every year on December 02 to highlight the importance of eradicating contemporary forms of slavery including trafficking in persons, sexual exploitation, child labour, etc.
12) The Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Smriti Irani, launched the National Outreach Programme on Anganwadi Protocol for Divyang Children.
13) Merriam-Webster has chosen "Authentic" as the Word of the Year for the year 2023. , which means "not false or imitated" and "true to one's own personality."
14) International Day of Persons with Disabilities is observed every year on December 03 to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society.
➨ It is an international observance promoted by the United Nations since 1992.
➨The theme for the year 2023 is "United in action to rescue and achieve the sustainable development goals for, with and by persons with disabilities".
15) Persian film Endless Borders by director Abbas Amini was feted with the prestigious Golden Peacock Award for Best Film at the 54th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
➨Iranian actor Pouria Rahimi Sam was named as Best Actor for his role in Endless Borders.